A desire to consolidate and improve several student service functions has prompted a mini-renovation to Ellsworth Hall.
Originally built in 1956 as a men's residence hall, the building is named for the former director of Western's Campus School, Frank E. Ellsworth. After a fire in the 1980's, Ellsworth Hall was closed as a residence hall and reopened as offices.
This renovation project will shift several departments within the building and provide for better service to Western Students.
During the summer 2006, the Compressed Video Interactive Television (CVIT) instructional design team set up a first floor room to introduce faculty members to issues involved in teaching video over Internet Protocol (IP) as well as assisting with conversions of on-campus courses to distance delivery methods. This room will also function as a conference or small meeting room.